I feel like it’s been a while since I did a ‘favorites’ sort of post, but I have one for you now. SO THERE! 😉
I’m in love with the following products, some of which I picked up with my own fair hand, some of which I received in subscription boxes. DISCLAIMER: I’m not sure the R.A.L in “Audrey” is quite worthy of being a ‘favorite.’ I’ve included it because I’ve literally worn it every day since I bought it, so I MUST like it, right? I guess so, but I’m not sure I’m as psyched about it as everyone else on the blogosphere. Am I missing something? I’ve included a piccie of myself wearing it, and I’d love you to tell me if it looks good or if I’m just fooling myself!
Secondly, if you do nothing else scroll to the end of the post for some info. about a gorgeous eyeshadow that’s a GWP offer this month…
O.K, let’s go! Here’s a piccie of my favs. for this month. Apologies for the blurriness. I’m still using a crappy old cameraphone, because I’m, er, lazy…
1) Deep Steep Honeydew and Spearmint Moisturestick: I actually picked this up today at T.J Maxx (see my Black Friday post) but I love, love, LOVE it, and I’m sure I’ll be using it constantly. It smells fresh and lovely and contains lots of hydrating butters and oils. It retails for $5.95 at the Deep Steep website, but I got it at T.J Maxx for $1.99.
2) Mullein and Sparrow Cheek and Lip Tint: Woe is me, because although my Vegancuts insert card stated this was $10.00 full-size, it actually retails on their website for $22.00. I’m assuming I received a smaller size in my Vegancuts box. (Update – nope. It’s 1oz full-size) Anyway, I am IN LOVE with this product. Not only does it leave the glossiest, dewiest, most perfectly rose-tinted shine on lips and cheeks, it smells amazing. You know those stores that sell incense and it’s like walking into a hippy-den? It smells like that! Checking out the ingredients I discovered this was because it contains Patchouli oil. You don’t see Patchouli used much these days, but it should be, because it’s a gorgeous scent. All day you’ll get wafts of Patchouli if you wear this on your cheeks, and if you’re a child of the 70’s you’ll know how great that is! Peace out, man. Buy it at www.mulleinandsparrow.com
3) The Wonderseed Hemp Handcream (Lavender Spring): I received this in my Kloverbox, and I’ve used it every day since. Hemp seed oil is super moisturizing but this smells strongly of lavender so if you’re not into that, this isn’t for you. I, on the other hand, adore lavender, and I use it right before bed to keep pinkies soft and to help me sleep…($12.95 – www.thewonderseed.com) COUPON CODE: save 20% with code KLOVER20
4) Red Apple Lipstick in “Audrey.” Right, here I go with the piccie:
Is this what it looks like on you? It’s just a lot more subtle than I thought it’d be…I do like it though, because it’s creamy, glossy, and very wearable…a neutral medium-pink shade. I heard through the grapevine there’s a COUPON CODE: Thanksgiving sale, save 5% using this code: GOBBLE
5) Kosmatology Hand Sanitizer in Grapefruit and Clove. Another Kloverbox goody. I’ve been using this every day…as a teacher, germs are just one marked essay away, and I’ve already gotten sick this month so now I’m being extra careful. This contains alcohol but no nasties, and I love the scent. Very Christmassy, because of the citrus-clove combo. ($3.99 – www.kosmatology.com) COUPON CODE: save 20% using coupon code Klover20. Expires 12/31/14
6) The All-Natural Face DivaStix in Black Kohl. Another awesome Vegancuts find! At first I was like, NOPE. Because when I dragged it under the eye it was super bumpy and blotchy and looked terrrrible. But then I had a brainwave and smudged it with an eyeliner brush, and the result was gorgeous. Very natural looking. Here’s a couple of piccies:
Nice, huh? But yeah, it does need a proper smudge. I used a sharp-edged flat brush because you have to push it up into the lashline as well. This costs a weirdly specific $4.88 at ANF’s website: www.theallnaturalface.com. And apparently they double as eyeshadows (although not this color, unless the goth look is what you’re after!).
7. Glamourdoll Mineral Eyeshadow in “Poodles.” Have you tried the Glamourdoll brand yet? If not, you should! Their all-natural mineral products are just lovely, and I encourage you to check out the range at www.glamourdolleyes.com. Pretty soon I’ll be swatching a whole host of their eyeshadows which I bought in a sample package, but this is my favorite thus far…it’s called “Poodles,” and it’s a light pinky shimmer, with a touch of lilac. Here’s a swatch:
Isn’t that gorgeous? And here’s some GREAT news! “Poodles” is Glamour Doll Eyes’ “Gift With Purchase” ($10.00 minimum) this month! ($6.00 value). I am also very keen on their colors “Mushroom” and “Graves in May.” GORGEOUS colors, both.
I hope that made your Black Friday! Leave your thoughts/questions/comments in the box below!