I know, another post! But I’m always up for a discussion about Green Beauty! This tag was created at AllNaturalAspirations.com and I’ve since seen it at a couple of other cool sites, including nontoxiquevoyage and Petitepralines
Thanks guys, for the inspiration!
1. What started it all off for you?
Reading the back of a bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo and not understanding any of the ingredients, and feeling duped. I bought “No More Dirty Looks,” and then there was no turning back. I even wrote an article about toxic beauty for elephantjournal, and after that public statement there was no way I could ever turn back!
2. What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient or product)
Good question! I’m not sure I remember, but I think the first thing I actually threw away was my beloved Johnson’s baby lotion, which I’ve used as a cleanser since forever. Sob – but it was packed with parabens and phtlates and other nasties.
3. What are you/did you struggle to let go of?
My Oil of Olay nighttime regenerist lotion. It worked so well.
4. What has been your best find or change? (i.e a green product or a tip that you’re really glad you’ve found/learnt)
No question, it’s been oils. Coconut oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil. They’re all fantastic.
5. What has been the worst thing about going green? What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of?
I think the hardest thing has been not enjoying Sephora or Ulta anymore. Sometimes I miss those days of browsing the makeup aisles! The hardest product I’m finding to replace is probably mascara. Natural mascaras don’t seem to work as well, unfortunately. Any tips? Also, giving up Birchbox was tough at first, but now I’ve found Petit Vour and Vegan Cuts, I’m sooooo over it!
6. Anything else to add? Any tips or tricks to pass on?
Serums are the business, and you can’t go wrong with essential oils. I love geranium! A couple of drops of coconut oil in your moisturizer will make you glow, and some good every day brands I love: Yes To Carrots, Mineral Fusion, Pacifica, and W3LL People.
I tag OneLostMama!